Optimize your media images by renaming the files. This plugin adds a field in the media editor form where you can enter a new file name.
After renaming it will update the database with the new file name and location. Once complete the plugin will remove all old files included all sizes (if image), ie. (large, medium, thumbnails and all custom image sizes).
Once all old files/images are removed new custom sizes are generated then the plugin looks though all posts and updates any links with the old file URL to the new URL.
This works great with SEO Friendly Images XML sitemap generator
Follow, or fork the plugin on GitHub. Or Download id here: https://github.com/thefrosty/seo-media-file-renamer/zipball/master
- Upload seo-media-file-renamer folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Change any file name through the ‘Media’ editor page.
- This plugin auto updates through GitHub!
- Added translation files.
- Added GitHub updater script.
- Initial released fork from Rename Media Files.